Corbett Park Day Visit Re-Opening
It’s good news for the wildlife traveler that Jim Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand decided to reopen the day visit safari in Tiger reserve zones from Sunday. Day visit safari zones in Corbett Park include – Bijrani, Jhirna, Dhela, and Pakhro zone will open for the tourist’ from Sunday.
According to park director Mr. Rahul “ Due to COVID- 19 virus park was closed 18th of March, but now according to the new guideline of N.T.C.A park will reopen from the 14th of Jun for a day visit only. Tourists can book an online permit from the 13th of Jun. Park will remain open from the 14th of Jun to the 30th of Jun”.
In compliance with N.T.C.A letter no. F.No. 15-38/2010-NTCA(Pt.) New Delhi the June 5, 2020, and Principal Chief Conservator of Forest (Wildlife)/Chief Wildlife Warden, Uttarakhand’s letter no. 3540/15-1 Dated 10/06/2020, online booking for a day visit in Dhela, Jhirna, Bijrani, Pakhro zone of Corbett Tiger Reserve is reopened from 13/06/2020 at 10:00 am with following restrictions
- Persons 10 years and below and 65 years and above shall not be permitted for which tiger reserve authorities need to check suitable documents, which need be apprised a prior”.
- To ensure social distancing, seating capacity should be reduced by 50% in vehicles
- Testing to all eco-tourists, drivers, and guides for temperature using contactless thermometers shall be carried out at the entry point. In case any individual has a temperature higher than normal, he/she shall be Immediately isolated in a dedicated room identified for this purpose and evacuated to the nearest health facility by team and vehicle kept for the same.
- All visitors including drivers and guides shall ensure the use of mask and face shields, and every vehicle shall have provision for a sanitizer which shall be used at the time of boarding/de-boarding / whenever required.
- A vehicle tire bath with an appropriate disinfectant shall be installed at all entry points.
- No Eco tourist shall be allowed to disembark within the tiger reserve.
- Visitors should be aware and shall abide by the latest guidelines issued by the Government of India and Government of Uttarakhand before coming to safari to avoid any inconvenience.